Friday, September 03, 2004

You want the music too?

Well, another day completed. I don't know if I feel thrilled at the day's contents, but I'm content to rest on the grace of God, till I start again tomorrow.
I just arrived home from "The Mill", the college and twenty-something group at New Life Church here in Colorado Springs. It's a spiritually active group, and many people have recommended it in the past. We went last week, and enjoyed it so much that we tried it again this week. In it's every part, it seems, the spirit is moving, and is going to do great things with this group.
But anyway, to the point, I was standing there in the middle of worship, trying to praise God sincerely, and was enjoying the beat, and I was really getting into the lyrics. And then, it hit me. All of a sudden, in the middle of an instrumental interlude, I realized that it's not just during the lyrics that I am able to praise God, but I felt the weight of the fact that God created music too, not just nice words to sing. I think it shows our worship to God when we recognize that even doing small, unimportant tasks, we can thank God for His sovereignty, and His willingness to make that moment holy. We may not love every taxing detail that life throws at us, but through Christ's grace, we can redeem that detail, and set it apart for Him. It was another reminder of the mentality of worshiping God at all times, and that with the right heart, we can show God our love for Him through everything we do, not just with worship. He desires it, because with it, He fulfills us. He wants the music too.
I must now thank God for his gift of sleep, and surrender to it, with my mind, drifting into bliss, until I awake to fulfill His will in a new day.
Till Then,
Joel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home