Friday, September 24, 2004

A Little Knowledge is...

I suppose it has been said that from about two to three years old, a phase of asking lots of questions, or "why's" is normal in the average kid. I must have missed out on that phase, because now, more than ever, I am asking questions.
There are so many questions I could probably write a book about them. I think that I think to much. Asking questions cries for more answers, and answers will inevitably lead to posing more questions. Why is there discontent in my heart about letting things be, and living the simple, somewhat ignorant life? Is it because it's natural to learn more, or is it because of sin? Is it that I'm different, or is it just vanity on my part? I've wondered if it was because of a divine spark in my mind. Maybe more knowledge is a good thing. Or then again, maybe a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. And if that's true, then wouldn't a lot of knowledge be fatal? The more I seek to know, the less sure about my current wisdom I become. It is like a deep, dark, endless hole. Ever becoming less understandable, and always with the hint of never coming to a complete end. It would lead to destruction, so it seems. But then again, why do I continue to pursue this path? Eventually I stumble upon the mistake in my thinking, and in doing so, I find the answer.
Be it ever so subtle, there's no thing like finite wisdom. How easy it is to be drawn into the fallible philosophies that men create, and accept them as ultimate intelligence. Even good Christians, who appear to be presenting God's truth, are really, in effect, creating a finite, fallen plan to solve our unsolvable problems. It is what I call 'The Double Agent Mentality'. The effect of seeming good, and yet, leaving you with a sense of discontent. It is the misconception of taking in a statement of culture, which might, in part, be true, and accepting it as the final reality. I too, must be guilty of putting on this 'Double Agent' mentality. For am I not also a man, like the all of the rest of us? I go so that I may see the truth, but find only folly. And not only in seeing, but also in being seen. We go so far as to deceive ourselves that we are ultimately right. In the end, it is a road of pressure to be responsible for our beliefs, that eventually destroys us. Father forgive us, for we know not what we do.
What a wonderful, liberating feeling, then, when we realize that we're not supposed to be responsible for our faith-filled rights, because God is faithful for us. Even in the unfortunate event that we turn our backs on God, He still has faith in us. As it says, "I will never leave you, nor will I forsake you".
Therein lies the liberation. Therein falls the answer. God is our wisdom. God is where we can gain ultimate knowledge. In Him we are safe, not to fall into the depths of fallible, finite despair, but to rise into the ecstasy of living in the God-inspired intellect.
It doesn't mean that we can't find truth in the world of man. If we couldn't, there would be no truth in my article, for I am as fallen as the rest of the masses. It is not the knowledge of truth in statement that is unethical, but the worship of it as a final meaning. Worship is reserved for God, and I hope, by His grace sufficient, that we will keep it that way.
I realize that I've asked and answered many questions in this venture of thought, and I want to finish it somewhat on my feet. In essence, I hope that you have found the truth that can be found in this writing, and that you will look to God to fill in the blanks that I missed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Price said...

I was going to say that it looks like your standing the end of the rabbit hairs, but you wouldn't know what I was talking about. (Read Sophie's World!)

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home