Thursday, March 24, 2005

Anthem

My good friend Foolish Knight, who you can visit here, recently held a 'Desert Island' poll, in which he asked people to pick three of their favorite books, movies, and music albums.
An idea came to me today and I thought I'd do something along the same lines, although in a different way. I'd be curious to know what you, my reader, consider your life anthem song to be. What do you consider to be the song that represents you? What song (or songs, if you so wish) gives meaning to your life?
Instead of giving you a test and telling you the answer (i.e. You're a Golden Retriever! You're warm, energetic and helpful!), I'm going to let you represent yourself.
If this goes well, I might try it in several catagories.
Have fun, and post often!

5 Comments:

Blogger Meiska said...

Ah! What, are you guys trying to drive me crazy!? This will take days to figure out, but I will enjoy the challenge, and hopefully I won't forget to comment with my answer, like during the 'EucharistoAwards'.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Eriol said...

I think I would choose "Supernatural" by dctalk on the basis of the second verse. That verse describes very well what is happening around us and how it affects us.Also what sort of electric guitar are you looking at? Are you thinking lead or rhythm? Or both?

12:56 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I don't know if it's really an "anthem song", but I think "Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns is the perfect match for my life. It reveals the struggle that I think we all go through to define what Truth is and to walk it out in our every day lives.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Andrew Price said...

Well it’s taken me far too long to comment on this post. (Shocking, I know.) But it’s inspired by a post of mine no less! For shame!

Oh well, on to the question at hand:

Which songs represent ME as a person?

Well, I’ll tell you three that come to mind:

U2’s “40”

Maybe this doesn't count, but if forced to chose the defining song of my life (here and now, at least), I would probably pick U2’s rendering of Psalm 40.

Jack White’s “Wayfaring Stranger”

For obvious reasons.

Sixpence None The Richer’s “Anything”

You can read my thoughts on this song here.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Andrew Price said...

Oops!

I mean here.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home