Friday, January 07, 2005

The Eucharisto Awards

Were you, my faithful reader, unhappy with the nominations of the grammy awards? Was there someone who you felt was unfairly left out? Well, despair no more! For the first time in eucharisto history, I have decided to do my own nominations, and you, my faithful reader, shall be on the board that decides. First we shall do a nomination, then we'll move onto the awards ceremony. Know that this envelops all music of any kind, but we shall provide some categories (these will be a bit simpler than the Grammys or Doves, we'll just give a few categories):

1. Best song of the year
Classifications for song of the year would be influence, quality, etc.
2. Best album of the year
Same routine here.
3. Best male performer of the year
I think that one speaks for itself.
4. Best female performer of the year
Again, pretty self explanitory.
5. Best band of the year
The one you thought the greatest.
6. Best producer of the year
The producer who you think has made the biggest difference this year.
7. Best songwriter of the year
Someone who has written at least three excellent songs, and who is, in your opinion, the greatest of 2004.
8. Best film score of the year
Was there one that rose above the rest for you?
9. Best new artist of the year
An artist who released a debut album after Jan. 1, 2004.
10. Best music video of the year
There's a bunch, but which is the best?
11. Best production of the year
This differs from producer in that, this applies to the most creative, high-quality, or profound producing on an album that you have seen in the past year.
12. Most musically influential person of the year
This is the biggie, who is the person who has most shaped the industry and direction of music in 2004?

I will compile all entries, comments and questions at:
eucharistoawards@hotmail.com
All entries must be for people/things that have taken place on or after January 1, 2004. Depending on how many answers I receive, I will post the nominations shortly. The nomination deadline is the 20 of January. After we have nominations, you can vote one more time for the winner of each category. Hope you participate. If this works out, then I might do another ceremony for film, when the academy's roll around. Stay posted.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Price said...

I'm chewing my pencile, I'm thinking hard...

4:17 AM  
Blogger Eucharisto said...

It's going to be coming on in a couple weeks. They already made the nominations public, and I was generally unimpressed. I was thinking who I would have nominated, and then I thought, 'why not just make up my own nominations'? So now you have the eucharisto awards. I was considering calling the music version the eucharistagrammy's, and the film version, the eucharistacademy's, but I thought I could just think of a better name for the film stuff.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Mat Brewster said...

I like your idea. And I would vote, but to be honest I think the only music I have heard (and actually enjoyed) that came out this year was Wilco's a Ghost is Born. I just don't listen to a lot of new music anymore.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home