Saturday, January 15, 2005

Making Progress

I just realised I haven't posted about my album since I got the studio up and running. Well, to fill you in, I've recorded three songs, laying down a few basic instrument, MIDI and vocal tracks, and have done a small amount of editing. I don't think I realised how much work this was going to be, just as a one man job, but I'm not going to give up on it. As a matter of fact, I've just taken a break from it for a couple days, and now I feel refreshed to get back in front of the microphone.
Another thing I didn't realise was how much I would begin to not like my songs. I mean sure, I loved them when I first created them, because they were from my own hand! But after you sit in a studio and listen to your songs about fifty times...Well, you get the picture. I'll bet that's the reason most people don't believe in their own writing/songs/films etc., not because other people have voiced bad opinions, but because even singers get sick of music.
Anyway, instead of a couple weeks like I had first planned, it's probably going to be a couple months. But that's good, because I'll have time to perfect it, make it sound professional (as much as an amateur songwriter/studio engineer can!). Looking forward to letting everyone hear my music. Maybe you'll like it better than me, lol!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home