Thursday, September 28, 2006

Northern Lights


City of Blinding Lights, originally uploaded by Tolkien Guy.

Yes, I have arrived. After long, ardurous hours last week, driving through barren wasteland stretching thousands of miles, we drove down a mountain pass, and tumbled into the midst of the vast city of Seattle. We experienced a light rain, which surprisingly has turned into a week of beautiful sunshine. I've now been in my new home for just over a week, learning the in's and out's, getting over the initial overwhelming wave of details and monotony.

The picture above is from Gas Works Park, about a mile or two from campus, taken about 11:30 Tuesday night with my new digital camera. If any of you, my readers, ever make it to Seattle, I will take you to the aforementioned park, in the middle of the night to see the most incredible panerama of a city skyline you've ever seen. I think Seattle must be the best kept secret in the United States. It's breathtakingly beautiful everywhere you go, has an endless array of coffeeshops and eateries, and has entertainment to match the greatest of cities on the east coast. I'm afraid I might never leave.

Anyway, I'm here, and new things are happening. Something's on the air. Stay ready for exciting news at any time!

Post Script: This picure frustratingly seems to want to obscure part of itself on the right side of the page, underneath the sidebar. So you'll just have to take my word for it that aliens have not finally stolen the Space Needle. It's still there, but apparently too shy to make a full appearance.

6 Comments:

Blogger Why said...

You say that Seattle is the best kept secret in the US; I feel I must contradict you here for, as I see it, the fair city of Portland is the nations best kept secret. After all Seattle has multiple things to keep it in the spotlight including (but not limited to) professional baseball and basketball teams, a super bowl contending football team, the birthplace of Starbucks and last but not least Fraiser.
No, Portland has but a semi-professional basketball team, a little bookstore named Powells and, well, some rather odd people (as do all cities I'm sure).
All this to say *jokingly* Portland is better! Na-nah-na-na-nah!
Your friend, Why.

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!
I'm happy that you're liking it... :)

I'm sure you're going to enjoy college...all the best for the new life ahead!

P.S. Digressing from the topic, I was just browsing through my own archives...and I luckily found the post where we first met...you were under the name "lex" then...and it was an article I had written about Good and Bad.Remember?lol.Here it is, if you ever want to refresh

We've come a long way since then, huh?And its amazing to think...that it wasn't THAT LONG ago too...just a little more than a year...

Take Care!

3:47 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I was actually in Seattle last spring and I agree that it is a fascinating city. I only saw it once in daylight though because I was sick the whole time :( I'm glad you love it and I hope you go to lots of wonderful concerts for me since I can't be there.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Eucharisto said...

Actually, Why, when I say best kept secret, I mean it by most people have heard of Seattle, and few experienced it close up. Sure everyone knows about the Seahawks and the Mariners, and everyone has seen Fraiser, sure. But no one I know really knows about this amazing city. Few have visited. And even Portland, which I also love very much, can't even come close to producing the breathtaking panoramas, and beautiful photo ops that Seattle can. Each has it's pluses and minuses; perhaps I should rephrase my original statement to saying that Seattle is the best hidden megacity between the pacific and atlantic shores of the USA.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Eucharisto said...

To Sumedh: That's incredible! I'd forgotten it. That's when your blog had "coffee" in the title, right? Man, we never really did finish that discussion, did we?

To Ruth: Thanks! I'm loving it, I hope I still love it by finals at the end of this quarter! And I will definitely be seeing a lot of concerts, if I can afford it!

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, we didn't :)

Maybe we will, soon.Soon, when we both find out some ounces of time from our busy lives...now that you too are a part of the college grind :)

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home